How someone brews and drinks their coffee is truly of a personal nature.
Here are some of the tips that will make your coffee better no matter how you partake of it.
* Start with a clean coffee maker. Avoid the build up of oils on your maker by keeping it squeaky clean.
* Always start with fresh COLD water. Cold water is more highly oxygenated than warm, hot, or already boiled water which (containing less oxygen) will impart a flat taste to the coffee.
* Use a tablespoon of ground coffee per cup. (6 oz. of H2O) A heaping tablespoon of beans will yield a rounded tablespoon of ground coffee.
* Bring the cold water to a rolling boil and pour it over the coffee grinds immediately.
* Be sure your coffee is ground properly for your brewing method.
* Avoid reheating or boiling your brewed coffee as this will make it bitter.